The Ph.D Program
- The Ph.D. Program is designed for candidates interested in teaching and research. The key objective of the program is to develop researchers and scholars in the discipline of management, Science & Technology, Law and Education.
- The program fosters their academic and research interest in their respective areas. This helps the students, experienced executives and faculty members to develop quality skills teaching, research and consultancy.
- The Ph.D. program is rigorous and interdisciplinary. It is regularly updated, benchmarking the academic delivery against the best standards. The intensity of the program demands energy and zeal in pursuit of greater insight into the chosen topic and a willingness to master all essential components of academic research.
- Minimum duration of Three years, including the course work and a maximum of six years.
- Pass in two-year postgraduate degree or equivalent with 55% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Admission to the Ph.D. program (both formats) is based on Academic Record, Performance in the Entrance Test and Interview. Candidates with valid NET/ SLET/GATE qualified are exempted from the Entrance Test
- The test paper for each School will be of objective type, to be attempted in 2 hours.
- The first part of the paper consists of Analytical reasoning & Research Methodology (20 marks) The second part of the paper shall be based on the discipline selected by the candidate.
Award of Degree
Students who successfully complete Students who successfully complete the program are awarded Doctor of Philosophy Degree by The ICFAI University, Dehradun subject to fulfillment of University regulations.
Antardrishti IUD Journal of Interdisciplinary Research
- The ICFAI University Dehradun strives to create an intellectually stimulating environment for research. Antardrishti IUD Journal of Interdisciplinary Research (AIJIR) is a refereed bi-annual International Journal published by IUD.
- The Journal is multidisciplinary in nature focusing on the areas of Management, Science & Technology, Law and Education.
- The objective of the Journal is to disseminate knowledge in all these areas.
- The AIJIR is intended to provide forum for debate and deliberation for academics, policy makers, research students and faculties with different research areas.
- The journal welcomes the submission of manuscripts that meet the criteria of Management, Science & Technology, Law and Education with valued areas of excellence. The Journal publishes original research and reviews up to 4000 words.
- The Journal is proud to have highly experienced Editorial Board members. The AIJIR devoted for high standard quality publications which will create an environment of research among the research scholars and faculty members of IUD.
- Publication Requirement: Every student should publish at least two research papers in peer reviewed journal/ transact his/her area of doctoral research in a refereed journal before submission of the Thesis and produce evidence of the same in the form of acceptance letter or the reprint which is to be appended.
- Submission of the Ph.D. Thesis and Evaluation: After submission of the Ph.D. Thesis in the prescribed format, it will be evaluated by a panel of examiners. If the panel is satisfied with the Thesis, Viva-Voce examination will be conducted and the student’s performance is graded accordingly.
Phase I - Course Work:
Phase II - Preparation of Research Proposal (Second Year)
Phase III - Thesis Writing, Pre-Submission Seminar and Submission (Third Year Onwards
The Admission modalities are with reference to the campus-based full-time programs offered by the ICFAI University, Dehradun.
Pass in Class XII or equivalent (PCM group) with 50% and above aggregate marks.
The admission into the programs is on the basis of Merit, through Application and Interview / Admission Test (for Ph.D. only). While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is also given to their academic distinctions, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra-curricular activities.
Original certificates of educational credentials and domicile status certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process.
How to Apply
Students interested can apply by any one of the following methods:
- Online Application
Applicants can apply online by filling up the Application Form available at www.iudehradun. edu.in and make payment of `500 towards the cost of the Application using Credit / Debit Card (Visa / Master Card / Internet Banking) through secure internet payment gateway. Applicants applying online should upload their passport size color photograph while filling the Online Application. The Prospectus will be sent to such applicants
Download of Application Form
Applicants can fill their details online and download the Application Form from www.iudehradun.edu.in and send it to the Admissions Office along with the Bank Demand Draft of `500 towards the cost of the application in favor of “The ICFAI University, Dehradun - Fee Collection A/c” payable at Dehradun.
Fill the Application Form given on Page 7
Applicants can fill in the application form given in page no 7 and send it to the Admissions Office.
Guidelines on how to Complete the Application Form
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the Application Form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
Attested Copies of Certificates
Applicants are required to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates.
- Date of Birth Certificate / Class X Certificate.
- Mark Sheets of Class X, XII, Degree, Diploma (as may be applicable).
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
Submission of Application Form
The completed Application Form for Admission may be sent to:
Admissions Office :
The ICFAI University, Dehradun, Rajawala Road,
Central Hope Town, Selaqui, Dehradun - 248 011,
Mobile : 6396517440
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : www.iudehradun.edu.in.
The fee for each program is mentioned in the table below.
|No. of Semesters
|Total Program Fee
|Convocation & Alumni Fee
|Ph.D.Science & Technology Program (Full-time) (3 Years)
Domicile: To avail the domicile benefits in the program fee, candidate domicile certificate is required at the time of registration
Program Fee: Program Fee is to be paid in equal installments as shown against the respective program.
Note: Ph.D. program fee mentioned above is for the minimum duration of the program. Students have to pay the respective semester fee to continue in the program, if he/she takes additional time beyond the stipulated minimum duration.
Convocation Fee of Rs. 1,000 and Alumni Fee of Rs. 5,000 is to be paid along with the program fee of final semester
Caution Deposit: All students are required to pay the caution deposit along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest after adjusting dues, on completion of the respective program.
Merit Scholarships Scheme 2024
The ICFAI University, Dehradun offers merit scholarships to students pursuing the UG & PG programs. These scholarships are based on past academic record and semester-wise performance.
A. Based on Past Academic Record
The past academic percentage will be calculated for the eligibility program on the basis of all courses studied during the program. He/ she should not have any backlog (RRA/NC/ RC) in the semester. He/ she should have scored 6 or more GPA in the semester. Students facing any disciplinary action will not be considered for scholarship. Students who have availed fee waiver are not eligible for scholarship.
Note: Students are required to pay complete semester fee on or before the registration date.
The details are presented in the following table: