- The B.Ed. Program is offered by The ICFAI Education School.
- It has conceived and developed a unique B.Ed. Program to train the teachers to meet the challenges of emerging trends and competitive environment.
- The curriculum and pedagogy adopted are exploratory and reflective in nature.
- An applied approach to learning is followed keeping in view the national and international standards of Education.
- Emphasis is given on holistic development of the students to meet the ever-changing demands of education through the two year full- time program.
Admission is based on Merit and Personal Interview
Award of Degree
Students who successfully complete the Program are awarded the Bachelor of Education degree by The ICFAI University, Dehradun subject to University regulations.
- 2 Years
- Pass in Graduation / Post Graduation (Sciences / Social Sciences / Humanities disciplines) with 50% and above aggregate marks.
The Programs offered by the ICFAI Education School, are unique as the curriculum not only provides foundational and professional knowledge courses but also provides experiential learning in the form of:
- 100% Placement Record
- Intensive Teaching Workshops
- Unique Teaching Internship Programme
- Weekly CTET/UTET Sessions
- Counseling and Mentoring Sessions
- Critical Understanding of ICT
- Creativity in Teaching
- Soft Skills Training
- Opportunities to develop Social sensitivity
- Enhancement of professional capacities
The Programs offered by the ICFAI Education School, The ICFAI University, Dehradun have been approved by the National Council for Teacher Education.
- Curriculum is made-up of Foundational, Professional, Experiential learning and Elective courses
- Special courses for enhancing professional capacities.
- Competent, committed and experienced faculty
- Unique teacher internship program
- Modern separate labs for Science and Educational Technology
- Computer lab with latest infrastructure, Multimedia and internet connection to all computers in the computer lab.
- The B.Ed. Program is designed to develop leaders for tomorrow in the field of education.
- To meet this challenge, the curriculum is organized four specific academic components. The program structure comprises of foundation courses, experiential learning courses,methodology courses and optional course.
|B.Ed. Program Structure|
The program structure is tentative, subject to change (if required).
The fee for each program is mentioned in the table below.
|Programs||No. of Semesters||Admission Fee||Total Program Fee||Convocation & Alumni Fee||Caution Deposit|
|B.Ed. (2 Years)||4||5,000||1,07,000||1,27,000||6000||2,000|
Domicile: To avail the domicile benefits in the program fee, candidate domicile certificate is required at the time of registration
Program Fee: Program Fee is to be paid in equal installments as shown against the respective program.
Note: Ph.D. program fee mentioned above is for the minimum duration of the program. Students have to pay the respective semester fee to continue in the program, if he/she takes additional time beyond the stipulated minimum duration.
Convocation Fee of Rs. 1,000 and Alumni Fee of Rs. 5,000 is to be paid along with the program fee of final semester
Caution Deposit: All students are required to pay the caution deposit along with the first semester fee. The caution deposit will be refunded without interest after adjusting dues, on completion of the respective program.
Merit Scholarships Scheme 2023
The ICFAI University, Dehradun offers merit scholarships to students pursuing the UG & PG programs. These scholarships are based on past academic record and semester-wise performance.
A. Based on Past Academic Record
The past academic percentage will be calculated for the eligibility program on the basis of all courses studied during the program. He/ she should not have any backlog (RRA/NC/ RC) in the semester. He/ she should have scored 6 or more GPA in the semester. Students facing any disciplinary action will not be considered for scholarship. Students who have availed fee waiver are not eligible for scholarship.
Note: Students are required to pay complete semester fee on or before the registration date.
The details are presented in the following table:
|Merit Scholarships Scheme 2023|
|Programs||Percentage achieved in qualifying examination|
|≥ 90%||≥ 80% to < 90%||≥ 70% to < 80%|
|Amount of Scholarship * (In Rs.)|
|B.Ed. (2 Years)||34,000||28,000||22,000|
Above Scholarship amount would be adjusted equally in 4 installments for 2 year Programs;
|Academic Performance (CGPA)||Category I||Category II||Category II|
|≥ 9.00||≥ 8.50 -< 9.00||≥ 8.00 -< 8.50|
|Programs||No. of Semesters||Amount of Scholorship per semester* (In Rs.)|
|B.Ed. (2 Years)||4||8,000||6,000||4,000|